I've been using Ghostdoc for a long time now, and while the product is great, the thing which still frustrates me is the update process. Whereas most Visual Studio addins use the built-in update process, GhostDoc is still installed separately (I don't know if there is a specific reason for this). The update process is much more complicated than it needs to be. Once GhostDoc notifies me that there is an update, I have to:
- Click the button to be taken to the Submain website
- Enter an e-mail address
- Choose which version to download (though both point at the same zip file)
- Run the appropriate installer from the zip file
- Installer tells me it will uninstall the old version
- Installer re-launches and makes me choose all the options I've chosen for every other update so far
All in all, it's quite a lot of clicks just to update an application - the norm these days is for something to ask "should I update?", with one or two clicks to let it do that.