SubMain - CodeIt.Right The First Time!

/Community

Support Community for SubMain Products
 Home Products Services Download Purchase Support
in Search

Home Forums Blogs Tutorials/CIR Tutorials/GD Downloads
Welcome to SubMain Community Sign in | Join | Help

Prevent copy of some folders in the solution folder

Last post 07-17-2017, 11:55 AM by Misha Zhutov (SubMain). 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-12-2017, 3:51 PM 4968

Prevent copy of some folders in the solution folder

When generating the help file & site the 'Build Help Documentation...' command copies everything in the solution folder, even folders that don't contain source code & projects.

This is a problem because it copies everything in the NuGet "packages" folder as well as a few test file folders we have that contain gigabytes of test files.  Copying thousands of files totaling gigs of data to the %temp% folder kills the hard drive every so many runs, making GhostDoc slow and ultimately unusable.  Also, once GhostDoc uses all the space on the machine, it crashes.

How can we exclude certain folders from copying every time we generate a help file?

Thanks! 

•  05-13-2017, 2:13 AM 4969 in reply to 4968

Re: Prevent copy of some folders in the solution folder

Hello,

Please clarify the following:

1. What GhostDoc version are you using (GhostDoc, GhostDoc Pro, GhostDoc Enterprise)? 

2. What kind of help documentation did you generate? Do you mean in "When generating the help file & site" that you generated Help File (CHM) and/or website help?

3. It is not clear whether GhostDoc "copies everything in the solution folder" or copies everything from solution folder to %TEMP% directory?

4. Please open Build Help Documentation dialog and tell us what is entered for Image Folder? Or even better make a screenshot and send us to support@submain.com

5. Please send us LOG file from c:\Users\<user>\Documents\SubMain\GhostDoc <edition> for VS20XX\GhostDoc <edition >.log to support@submain.com

These will help us to troubleshoot the issue.

Thank you,
    Misha Zhutov
    http://submain.com - .NET Developer Tools | Microsoft VB MVP
  •  07-03-2017, 11:46 AM 4999 in reply to 4969

It seems I never received the email that there was a response to my post.  Below is my answers to your questions.

1. What GhostDoc version are you using (GhostDoc, GhostDoc Pro, GhostDoc Enterprise)? 

This applies to help file creation, so both Pro & Enterprise.

2. What kind of help documentation did you generate? Do you mean in "When generating the help file & site" that you generated Help File (CHM) and/or website help?

It doesn't matter, but it was both.  The generating process is what makes a copy to the temp folder regardless of the output.

3. It is not clear whether GhostDoc "copies everything in the solution folder" or copies everything from solution folder to %TEMP% directory?

I'm not sure what you're asking - it sounds the same to me.  Regardless, the best thing to do is to run it and watch the temp folder.  You'll see what I mean.

4. Please open Build Help Documentation dialog and tell us what is entered for Image Folder? Or even better make a screenshot and send us to support@submain.com

Sorry, this is not possible as I deleted the configuration and moved to another solution (i.e. DocFx).   But I'm confident that probably isn't related to this issue.

5. Please send us LOG file from c:\Users\<user>\Documents\SubMain\GhostDoc <edition> for VS20XX\GhostDoc <edition >.log to support@submain.com

Sorry, again this isn't possible as I deleted the configuration and moved to another solution.

•  07-17-2017, 11:25 AM 5005 in reply to 4999

Now I've noticed that the Live Preview does the same thing.  I'm not sure when that started but it makes the preview usable.

I've attached a screen shot of how the solution copy to temp is impacting the drive space.  

•  07-17-2017, 11:55 AM 5006 in reply to 5005

Please open Build Help Documentation window and check out what is Image Folder value. GhostDoc always copies Image Folder to the TEMP directory where generates help files. If you change that folder or make it empty and it won't copy anything.
    Thank you,
    Misha Zhutov
    http://submain.com - .NET Developer Tools | Microsoft VB MVP
View as RSS news feed in XML

Home |  Products |  Services |  Download |  Purchase |  Support |  Community |  About Us |