We Moved - This Forum is now Read-Only

Our new community is now available at https://support.submain.com/community/. We will leave historical discussions here in this forum view-only mode for search purposes, but moving forward, please post your questions in the appropriate category in the new community.

SubMain - CodeIt.Right The First Time!

/Community

Support Community for SubMain Products
 Home Products Services Download Purchase Support
Search

Home Forums Blogs Tutorials/CIR Tutorials/GD Downloads
Welcome to SubMain Community Sign in | Join | Help

First and Last (parameters)

•  07-20-2010, 3:44 AM

First and Last (parameters)

Hello, 

I just downloaded the last released GhostDoc atm. and started writting some custom configuration (I had played with old versions, before it was adquired by submain). I decided to write a custom rule for all the methods and properties in one of my solutions in Visual Studio 2010... I thought it was a good way to test both my naming convention and the power of GhostDoce while getting that (damn) solution documented. So far I've only skiped private members and certain method I will not mention (in fact I think that If I can't generalize it's naming maybe I've picked a bad naming to begin with).

The matter of this post is about a problem I found creating my rules, I have some methods of the shape:

bool Equals(any x, any y)

Where any mean any type, but I also have a few:

bool Equals(any<anotherany> x, any<anotherany> y, IEqualityComparer<anotherany> comparer) 

Where anotherany is another any type differnet from any. (... you get the idea ...). Well GhostDoc decided to pick the second methods with the first rule, so I though that if I write an specific rule for the second GhostDoc will correctly pick that one (and it does it). But I have had to tell the type for the second parameter as the type of the first, while correct in my situation, I did left open the data type in the rule so it may come to be wrong for other methods.

So far It's not a problem, but the rule would have been better defined using like: $(Parameters.Current.TypeName.FullNameAsSee) instead of $(Parameters.First.TypeName.FullNameAsSee). Also It would be good if I can tell GhostDoc that a certain rule is closed or open for more parameters, that is, if it should or not match method with more than the parameters I specified (you have a combo where you say, <any>, equals... etc. for the parameters, add a none for that combo that will mean that there are no more parameters, at least that my suggestion).

For abstract: I requesting a way to refer the current parameter, and a way to tell GhostDoc to make a rule closed to more parameters.

By the way, I have a little journy ahead documenting this solution of mine... I'll post here any other bits of incompletenessI find.

View Complete Thread

Home |  Products |  Services |  Download |  Purchase |  Support |  Community |  About Us |