We Moved - This Forum is now Read-Only

Our new community is now available at https://support.submain.com/community/. We will leave historical discussions here in this forum view-only mode for search purposes, but moving forward, please post your questions in the appropriate category in the new community.

SubMain - CodeIt.Right The First Time!

/Community

Support Community for SubMain Products
 Home Products Services Download Purchase Support
Search

Home Forums Blogs Tutorials/CIR Tutorials/GD Downloads
Welcome to SubMain Community Sign in | Join | Help

Providing Links To Other Classes Within Help Files

•  02-07-2013, 3:41 AM

Providing Links To Other Classes Within Help Files

Hi, I'm new to GhostDoc, so my apologies if this issue has been raised before.

I'm trying to provide an internal Help File for other developers within my team.  This is based on XML comment tags for the C# and VB.NET classes, properties and functions we use. 

For example, we might have a function in a custom collection class such as Customers, which returns an indivdual Customer object, using the function described below.  My issue is that I want to see links created to the related Customer documentation within the help file, and ideally also to System.Double from the .NET Framework.  Can anyone suggest how to do this, using XML tags such as <see>?:

/// <summary>

/// <summary>

/// Checks whether there is already a <see cref="Customer"/> object with a matching ID within this collection, and returns it

/// Checks whether there is already a <see cref="Customer"/> object with a matching ID within this collection, and returns it

/// </summary>

/// </summary>

/// <param name="customerId">The <see cref="System.Double"/> ID value to check</param>

/// <param name="customerId">The <see cref="System.Double"/> ID value to check</param>

/// <returns>The matching <see cref="Customer"/> object for <paramref name="customerId"/> fromthis collection; otherwise, <see langword="null"/></returns>

/// <returns>The matching <see cref="Customer"/> object for <paramref name="customerId"/> fromthis collection; otherwise, <see langword="null"/></returns>

public Customer GetCustomerFromId(double customerId)

{

public Customer GetCustomerFromId(double customerId)

{

// Get a Customer object from this collection which matches the supplied ID

// Get a Customer object from this collection which matches the supplied ID

return someCustomerObject;

}

}

View Complete Thread

Home |  Products |  Services |  Download |  Purchase |  Support |  Community |  About Us |