SubMain - CodeIt.Right The First Time!

/Community

Support Community for SubMain Products
 Home Products Services Download Purchase Support
in Search

Home Forums Blogs Tutorials/CIR Tutorials/GD Downloads
Welcome to SubMain Community Sign in | Join | Help

Cannot uninstall CodeIt.Right, version 2.6.14129

Last post 06-13-2014, 1:52 PM by SomeNewKid. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-12-2014, 11:09 PM 3828

Cannot uninstall CodeIt.Right, version 2.6.14129

I downloaded the trial of CodeIt.Right, version 2.6.14129.  I am now trying to uninstall it, but cannot.

If I attempt to uninstall it via the Control Panel, the Wise Installation Wizard reports "Executing External Program":
    C:\PROGRA~2\SubMain\CODEIT~1.RIG\CodeItRight.AddInSetup.exe /unregister /11.0

Nothing happens.  The Window becomes unresponsive--i.e., the title bar is appended with (Not Responding).  I can wait 20 minutes, and the window will remain unresponsive.  I must forcefully close the window.

(It *looks* like the uninstaller has launched a Visual Studio 2012 process, since that process is started when I haven't even opened that IDE.)

If I go in to the SubMain folder within Program Files (x86) and attempt to use the CodeItRight.Unwise.exe uninstaller, it will not even launch.  No dialog appears, and no process starts.

Any help uninstalling CodeIt.Right?

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit.
  •  06-12-2014, 11:16 PM 3829 in reply to 3828

Re: Cannot uninstall CodeIt.Right, version 2.6.14129

Hello,

CodeIt.Right is VSIP package and runs devenv.exe /setup command during uninstall. That command may execute quite long. You can try to run that command manually and see how long it runs.

Thank you,
    Misha Zhutov
    http://submain.com - .NET Developer Tools | Microsoft VB MVP
  •  06-13-2014, 1:52 PM 3832 in reply to 3829

Re: Cannot uninstall CodeIt.Right, version 2.6.14129

Hello, 

>> That command may execute quite long.

Thank you for your prompt reply. You are right, of course. Control eventually returned to the Installation Wizard, and the uninstall process completed.

Thank you again for your help.

View as RSS news feed in XML

Home |  Products |  Services |  Download |  Purchase |  Support |  Community |  About Us |