SubMain - CodeIt.Right The First Time!

/Community

Support Community for SubMain Products
 Home Products Services Download Purchase Support
in Search

Home Forums Blogs Tutorials/CIR Tutorials/GD Downloads
Welcome to SubMain Community Sign in | Join | Help

Problem registering GhostDoc Pro as user in VS2017

Last post 08-24-2017, 5:16 AM by ggreig. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-16-2017, 4:08 AM 5019

Problem registering GhostDoc Pro as user in VS2017

I've installed GhostDoc Pro into VS2017 successfully using the vsix installer. When I attempt to register it, it appears to succeed, but when I restart Visual Studio I find that GhostDoc has reverted to being unregistered. We run Visual Studio as normal users without Admin privileges, so I suspect registration is trying to write to somewhere my account doesn't have access to. Typically in these sorts of circumstances it's a registry key, but I don't want to guess too much at your registration mechanism.

We've been GhostDoc users for a long time, and this has never been a problem with the exe installer.

I can log in as the local Administrator if required in order to apply a workaround, but registration must succeed for my normal, low privilege account. Can you help me out please?

•  08-16-2017, 5:10 AM 5020 in reply to 5019

Re: Problem registering GhostDoc Pro as user in VS2017

Hello,

There is no need to run Visual Studio as administrator. It should register GhostDoc if you run it as normal user.

Could you please send us LOG file (from c:\Users\<user>\Documents\SubMain\GhostDoc Pro for VS2017\GhostDoc Pro.log) to support@submain.com? Also, what GhostDoc Pro version did you install?

Thank you,
    Misha Zhutov
    http://submain.com - .NET Developer Tools | Microsoft VB MVP
  •  08-23-2017, 3:55 AM 5023 in reply to 5020

Hi,

I submitted this log file as requested immediately. It's now a week later and I've heard nothing? 

•  08-23-2017, 4:05 AM 5024 in reply to 5023

We found and fixed the issue. Please uninstall VSIX (via Extensions and Updates window) and install EXE (instead of VSIX). Then you will be able to register GhostDoc Pro.
    Thank you,
    Misha Zhutov
    http://submain.com - .NET Developer Tools | Microsoft VB MVP
  •  08-24-2017, 5:16 AM 5025 in reply to 5024

Thanks, that worked.
View as RSS news feed in XML

Home |  Products |  Services |  Download |  Purchase |  Support |  Community |  About Us |